Niavaran Palace or Niavaran Museum Palace is located in the northeast corner of Niavaran Garden.
This palace is located in the Niavaran Garden complex at Niavaran Square in Tehran and its area is approximately 11 hectares. Niavaran Palace was the summer residence of Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi. This palace is one of the tourist attractions of Tehran.
Construction of this palace began by order of Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi in 1958 and was completed in 1967. During the time of Fath Ali Shah Qajar, a smaller palace was located on the present site of Niavaran Palace, which was demolished and Niavaran Palace was built in its place. This building with an area of around 9000 square meters was built over two and a half floors and was initially considered a place to receive foreign guests, but once the construction was completed it was dedicated to the residence of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi and his family.
The ground floor of this building includes a large foyer around which all the rooms are articulated. These rooms include a private cinema, a dining room, a lobby, a waiting room and side corridors, as well as a blue hall.
On the half-floor of this building, there is a study room, a conference room and the office of Farah Diba’s secretary, as well as Leila’s room and her maid’s room.
The sections of the Niavaran collection are:
Dedicated library of the Niavaran Palace, Kooshak Ahmadshahi, Saheboghranieh Palace, World museum, Inscriptions Garden, Swimming pool museum, Automobile Museum of Niavaran Palace, Private school